The Moreleta Kloof Nature Reserve in eastern Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa, was part of the farm Garsfontein which was acquired by Jacobus Cornelius Rademeyer in 1859. Jacobus Rademeyer operated Garsfontein as a dairy farm and Carel Erasmus (his brother-in-law) purchased the farm from him in 1877 and built a house there; the house was later converted into a chapel which is still in use. The reserve is managed by the City of Tshwane Metropolitan Municipality and admission is free. The reserve covers 100 hectares. Many species of birds have been seen here, as well as mammals such as springbok, blesbok, impala, and zebras. The reserve has several hiking trails, a restaurant, and a gazebo for weddings.